About National Law University, Jodhpur
National Law University Jodhpur (NLUJ) is one of the foremost law schools in India. Since its establishment in 1999, it has endeavoured to produce exceptional lawyers and legal scholars and has aimed at pushing and challenging the existing boundaries of knowledge.
CCLP was established as an initiative to promote interdisciplinary research in the field of competition law and policymaking. As a part of this initiative, CCLP publishes its flagship journal, the Indian Competition Law Review (“ICLR”).
Call for Papers
CCLP is pleased to announce the call for papers for Volume VII Issue II of the Indian Competition Law Review (ICLR).
Eligibility and Word Limit
- The manuscript may be co-authored by a maximum of two authors.
- The Journal accepts the following kinds of submissions:
- Articles – 5,000 to 10,000 words
- Short notes – 2,500 to 5,000 words.
- Case Comments – 1,500 to 2,500 words
These word counts are exclusive of footnotes. The Editorial Board reserves the right to increase or relax the word limit, depending on the quality of the submission.
- The mail bearing the manuscript must declare, in its body, the category for which the submission is made, i.e. article/short notes/case comment.
- The body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman, font size 12 with 1.5 line spacing. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single line spacing.
- The manuscripts should be properly footnoted wherever sources are being used. The use of endnotes, hyperlinks, etc. is strictly prohibited. Further, no speaking footnotes (descriptive footnotes) are allowed.
- All the sources in the footnotes must conform to the Oxford University Standard for the Citation of Legal Authorities (OSCOLA) 4th ed. style of citation.
- The manuscripts must be preceded by an abstract of not more than 250 words.
- The manuscript must not contain any reference to the author’s name, affiliation or credentials.
- All manuscripts must be accompanied by a cover letter with the name(s) of the author(s), institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript, and contact details. The author must also confirm in the cover letter that the manuscript is not being considered for publication elsewhere.
- The manuscript must be original and unpublished work.
- If necessary, ICLR may request the author to provide a printed copy of the manuscript, in addition to the electronic copy.
The submission indicates the Author(s)’ acceptance of the following conditions:
- The work, upon publication, becomes a property of National Law University, Jodhpur; and
- Any subsequent publication/reprint and/or derivative works are permitted subject to prior approval of the ICLR.
- The ICLR follows three stages of the blind peer-review procedure and shall endeavor to keep the authors informed about the status of their manuscript as it goes through each stage of review.
- ICLR retains complete discretion over acceptance/rejection of manuscripts. The Editorial Board of ICLR shall not entertain requests for advance decisions based on abstracts, topic proposals or outlines. Editorial decisions shall be based solely on a review of the final manuscripts submitted by the authors.
- Post-review, manuscripts may be returned to the authors with suggestions related to substance and/or style. Acceptance of a manuscript for publication shall be made contingent on the incorporation of such suggestions.
- ICLR reserves the right to request copies of any resources or authorities cited in the manuscript.
- All manuscripts must be sent through email and addressed to the Editor-in-Chief at email@example.com.
- The subject of the email should be titled – “Volume VII(1)_ICLR Submission_Name of the Author(s)”.
- The name of the document must be in the following format – “Name of the Author(s) – Title of Submission”.
- The Authors are advised to send only one submission per author or a team of co-authors.
- The manuscript must be submitted in a Microsoft Word (.doc/.docx) format only.
The last date for submission of manuscripts is September 30, 2022.
Subject to the outcome of the review process, the manuscript will feature in the upcoming Issue which is scheduled for publication in December 2022.
All queries may be addressed to the editorial board at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact Anurag Singh (+91 9760514464) and Aditya Bamb (+91 9552545130) regarding any queries.