Eligibility and Word Limit
- The manuscript may be co-authored by a maximum of two authors.
- The Journal accepts the following kinds of submissions:
o Articles – 5,000 to 10,000 words.
o Short notes – 2,500 to 5,000 words.
o Case Comments – 1,500 to 2,500 words
These word counts are exclusive of footnotes. The Editorial Board reserves the right to increase or relax the word limit, depending on the quality of the submission.
- The mail bearing the manuscript must declare, in its body, the category for which the
submission is made for, i.e. article/short notes/case comment.
- The body of the manuscript should be in Garamond, font size 12 with 1.5 line spacing.
The footnotes should be in Garamond, font size 10 with single line spacing.
- The manuscripts should be properly footnoted wherever sources are being used. The use of endnotes, hyperlinks, etc. is strictly prohibited. Further, no speaking footnotes (descriptive footnotes) are allowed.
- All the sources in the footnotes must conform to the Oxford University Standard for the Citation of Legal Authorities (OSCOLA) 4th ed. style of citation.
- The manuscripts must be preceded by an abstract of not more than 250 words.
- The manuscript must not contain any reference to the author’s name, affiliation or credentials.
- All manuscripts must be accompanied by a cover letter with the name(s) of the author(s), institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript, and contact details. The author must also confirm in the cover letter that the manuscript is not being considered for publication elsewhere.
- The manuscript must be an original and unpublished work.
- If necessary, ICLR may request the author to provide a printed copy of the manuscript, in addition to the electronic copy.
The submission indicates the Author(s)’ acceptance to the following conditions:
- The work, upon publication, becomes a property of National Law University, Jodhpur; and
- Any subsequent publication/reprint and/or derivative works are permitted subject to
prior approval of the ICLR.
- The ICLR follows three stages of blind peer-review procedure and shall endeavor to
keep the authors informed about the status of their manuscript as it goes through each stage of review.
- ICLR retains complete discretion over acceptance/rejection of manuscripts. The Editorial Board of ICLR shall not entertain requests for advance decisions based on abstracts, topic proposals or outlines. Editorial decisions shall be based solely on review of the final manuscripts submitted by the authors.
- Post-review, manuscripts may be returned to the authors with suggestions related to
substance and/or style. Acceptance of a manuscript for publication shall be made contingent on incorporation of such suggestions.
- ICLR reserves the right to request copies of any resources or authorities cited in the
- The last date for submission of manuscripts is October 10, 2023. Subject to the outcome of the review process, the manuscript will feature in the upcoming Issue which is scheduled for publication in December, 2023.
- All manuscripts must be sent through email and addressed to the Editor-inChief at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The subject of the email should be titled – “Volume VIII(2)_ICLR Submission_Name of the Author(s)”.
- The name of the document must be in the following format –
- “Name of the Author(s) – Title of Submission”.
- The Authors are advised to send only one submission per author or a team of co-authors.
- The manuscript must be submitted in a Microsoft Word (.doc/.docx) format only.
All queries may be addressed to the editorial board at email@example.com